Bonnaroo is in 60 days, and all but the cafe acts have been announced. Just thought I’d make a ranked list of which shows I am most excited to see. This is the fun part before Bonnaroo releases the schedule and I have a ton of conflicts. But for now, these are the shows I will see.
1. Scissor Sisters – Sure to be the gayest thing at Bonnaroo this year, how could I miss them? Plus, they’re the best group in pop music nowadays. Win-Win.
2. Arcade Fire – Will most likely end up being the best headliner show. I’ve been dying to see them for years. I’m glad my first time will be on the What stage at ‘Roo.
3. My Morning Jacket – Like Arcade Fire, I’ve been wanting to see them live for a long time. Their 2008 late night show at ‘Roo is still the show every show is compared to (or so I hear). I’ll be there hoping to see something pretty spectacular. High hopes, indeed.
4. Florence and the Machine – This show is going to be a blast. And, I’m sure I’ll cry my little eyes out when she sings Cosmic Love. Oh. My. Gawd.
5. The Black Keys – I’ve managed to miss these guys twice. Last year they played Bonnaroo and conflicted with Daryl Hall & Chromeo (Still the best decision I made last year). I’m really hoping nothing conflicts with them this year. Although seeing as they’re pretty high on my list, I’m hopeful there won’t be.
6. Explosions in the Sky – Your Hand in Mine holds so much sentimental value for me, I’ll be a sobbing puddle when it’s played. And I’m sure it will be played. It’s on their current setlist for this tour. I pry to Gawd, they have a late night spot. Cue tears in 5… 4… 3… 2…
7. Deerhunter – Because their last two albums are two of my favorite albums of the last several years. Huge fan. Cannot wait.
8. Ratatat – They will be late night. It will be awesome. Cue the glowsticks!
9. Sleigh Bells – I was mad they weren’t a Bonnaroo last year then I missed them when they played Exit/In. Their show will be insaaaaaaaaaaaane.
10. Bassnectar – Because he’s the new Girl Talk, and I’ve already seen Girl Talk. And I missed him last year.
11. Lil Wayne – Duh.
12. The Black Angels – Their newest album was one of my favorites last year. Really looking forward to seeing this new fave of mine.
13. Robyn – Second gayest show at ‘Roo.
14. Pretty Lights – It will be one hell of a late night show.
15. The Strokes – I just know they’re going to put on an awesome show. The epitome of Bonnaroo epic shows.
16. Eminem – I’m really hoping he plays a lot of his old stuff. Not a huge fane of his newer stuff, but if he plays a few songs from Marchall Mathers I will be thrilled.
17. Mumford and Sons – Caught them at The Station In a few months ago. Can’t wait to see them again.
18. Beirut – The freshman year nostalgia will be overwhelming.
19. Loretta Lynn – Come on… How old is she now? This will be incredible.
20. The Decemberists – If I hadn’t already seen them before (on a tour with my favorite album of theirs no doubt), I’d have them much higher. But it will be great to see my favorite band from my senior year of high school for the second time.
21. Alison Krauss and Union Station – I don’t talk about my love for good country music very much, but Krauss has always been one of my favorites.
22. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals – Just now starting to get into them, but her voice is pretty extraordinary.
23. Wavves – Hometown boys from Memphis. I’ve seen them before and I’d love to see them again at Bonnaroo. They would make a great band for Thursday night.
24. Best Coast – Hopefully they won’t have her conflict with her boyfriend in Wavves, but she’d also make a great Thursday evening act. Although, I could also see her as a midday either Friday or Saturday.
25. The Walkmen – Classic.
26. Ray Lamontagne – Because I will need a place to sit and relax for an hour two. And he’d be perfect for that.
27. Superjam Feat.: Dan Auerbach and Dr. John – I’ve never experienced a superjam at Bonnaroo before, but I hear they’re pretty incredible.
28. Wanda Jackson – Because she’s great, and you know Jack White is gonna show up.
29. Devotchka – Another band I’m just now getting into. Pretty excited to get to really experience them.
30. Robert PLant and the band of Joy – It’s freakin’ Robert Plant.
31. John Waters/Iron and Wine – I wanted to make this an even 30, but I couldn’t leave these two off. I’d love to go over to the Comedy Tent and catch John Waters. Although, I’m doubtful that will happen. And Iron & Wine is just some good classic indie music. Don’t really listen to them as much as I used to, but hopefully I can reconnect.
All right, It looks like a great year to me. I’m sure once the schedule is announced I’m going to have to make some tough decisions, but there you have it. My most anticipated acts of Bonnaroo 2011!
EDIT: Finally got around to seeing what the Shpongletron Experience was. Consider it part of this list: